Inky Tulloch hospitalised after Teretonga shunt

Multiple time NZ Champion Ian ‘Inky’ Tulloch has been hospitalised after a crash at Teretonga park over the weekend.

Tulloch, former mayor of Gore, was sent to Southland hospital in a ‘Critical Condition’ after his Honda Integra hit a tyre wall during a clubman’s event.

St John South Island acting communications advisor Robbie Walker said St John received a call at 3.55pm on Sunday to Teretonga Park for a patient, Tulloch, in a critical condition.

Tulloch was reportedly unconscious when he was taken from the car and has since been placed in a induced coma. Is it also reported that he has chest injuries, although we stress that this information has not been confirmed.

MotorSport New Zealand CEO Brian Budd said a full investigation into the crash would be commenced straight away.

“As with any incident of this nature, MotorSport New Zealand will undertake a full investigation into the crash, a process which starts with an accident report from Teretonga Park officials,” Budd says. “We will quickly determine if any further investigation and/or action is needed.”

Budd also expressed his support to Inky and his family.

“We are all thinking of Inky and his family at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.”

Tulloch had just come off recent success at Hampton Downs, where he and teammate John McIntyre won the NZ Endurance Championship 3 hour race, and in turn the championship. McIntyre has said in a statement that he will not be commenting further at this stage.

Tulloch has won multiple championships in both New Zealand and Australia, most recently the NZ Endurance Championship, but he is most notable for his eight truck racing titles in the 90s and early 00’s.

Track Torque NZ will release further updates on Inky’s condition as they are received.

Photo: Matt Smith

About Author
Jordie Peters

Jordie Peters

Passionate Motorsport Fan | Photography Interest | Passionate about Technology and Computers.

Sorry no comment yet.

Leave a Comment